Between 10-12 June 2015 in Szczecin took place an 3rd International Maritime Congress dedicated to people involved in the maritime sector.
The Congress lasted two days and consisted of a lecture part and a poster.
The aim of the conference was:
- Exchange of experience and knowledge in the field of maritime economy,
- Establishing new contacts with universities, promotion of Szczecin,
- Promoting knowledge of the maritime economy, fisheries, maritime and water transport, environmental protection and maritime regulations,
- The ability to determine the current state of the maritime economy.
In the meeting participated: Dorota Pyć - Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Infrastructure and Development, Eugeniusz Grzeszczak - Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Jacek Kapitsa - Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Finance, Kazimierz Plocke - Secretary of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Richard Gall - chairman of the Oder team in the Polish Parliament, Dariusz Rosati - Member of the European Parliament, parliament members, senators, local government and a group of nearly 100 participants, organizers and contributors of the International Maritime Congress. Piotr Nowakowski, project manager at a III panel involving a range of "Marine protected areas - a conflict of interest, threats, innovative measures", delivered, summarizing the main achievements of the project, a lecture entitled "Selected Results of experimental research on the reduction of discards from fishing undisclosed Baltic cod".
During the poster session presented two posters on:
- “Applications of small eyed coverings to study the selectivity of the Baltic cod bags” by P. Nowakowski, H. Sendlak, K. Berest, G. Krzemień
- "Baltic infusions and their significance to the environment" by W. Ziora, P. Nowakowski, D. Pawlos